Sunday, March 3, 2013

When He takes something away, He gives something better in return

My Sunday has been pretty much exhausting yet it makes me happy! Why?
  1. Uncle Zul got married
  2. Met the Sianturi cousins yay
  3. Wore baju kurung twice this week 
  4. Finally meeting my two favourite boys from aeons ago
Last year, uncle Zam got married but I couldn't attend his wedding but this year, his brother got married and yes I attended it in a purrrdy black baju kurung! Well the whole family was in black, so yay. Kept teasing him and asking him whether he's excited to get married because I am excited for it since all you hafta do on that day is to look pretty, smile and wave, shake hands, and take gazillion photos in wedding outfits (actually now that I spell it out, it seems quite a difficult task but me being me, I still find it all adrenaline-rushy). Yummy foods omnomnomnom and the whole entire place was pretty - theme: baby blue and white.

I get to meet my Sianturi cousins like omg esp Miss Sarah Chusna Sianturi whom I've yet to see in a gazillion years. Practically her whole family since they're always flying here and there. 

Anyhoo, personally, I love wearing the baju kurung thus it's quite a biggie that I get to wear it twice this week. I mean hello, the only time we wear baju kurung like almost everyday is only during Hari Raya. Hee other than wearing baju kurung for the wedding today, I wore it once for Pesta Pantun too on Saturday - Let's side track for a while cause I must talk about this.The dress code was baju kurung so the whole entire programme zone was filled with human beings in baju kurung. I personally think they did really well esp this ACJC boy who was beaming with confidence and his voice; it basically got my attention. RP too was well prepared. Madrasah Wak Tanjong is simply superb! Oh and this PJ girl with the same name as mine. Heeh it was fun! The whole entire thing~ can't wait for next week. Gaise it will be at Jurong West Library at 10am on Saturday!


And and and like omg look look look I finally got to meet my childhood friends; Helmi and Fazli (well I used to call them abang and adik, respectively. Actually I still call them that heeh). When I was around five years old, my little sister was still likka baby thus I have no one to play with and these two boys happened to stay a storey above my place. So I'll always play with them! I pretty much have fond memories as a little girl together with'em two and this girly twirly neighbour of mine, Raihana. Been wanting to talk to them and ask what they're doing now and stuff but felt kinda awkward doing so. They're kinda related to me thus we met at the wedding today. And yes we snapped photos and spoke to each other after like 3876231932 years omg. *points at the photo above* I was in a pair of wedges, which were at least 4cm tall and they're still like towers next to me. Hee if I was wearing flats, I'd look ridiculously puny!

It's a rather nostalgic feeling when you meet people from the past, and in this case, it's a pretty pretty past since those days when you're a kid, you literally play and eat and take a nappie, and read storybooks with pictures, watch the tv, play pretend and just be all happy likka bouncy red ball. My growing up days had the both of them in it, and I was in a state of euphoria when we practically communicated with each other. Thank you two for being part of the sincerely-most-happy-carefree days of my life (yes even though it was for a short period of time since my family moved house); playing all sorts of ridiculously lame games like running around like hyenas, riding the bicycle, hide and seek and gosh I can't remember the rest but yes (: