Friday, March 1, 2013

Good luck lil ones

Today is the release of the big Alevel results and I'm quite sure everyone who took it last year must be super duperdy nervous! I remember it was just a year ago that I collected mine. Had a class so I couldn't join the others to collect the results at 2.30pm thus I came later (ha ha ha not a tad bit later but like at around 4plus). While I was having my class, mum, dad and even the little sister kept calling me asking whether I've received my results. Rushed from Dover all the way to school and the wedges I was in didn't help at all. Amazing how I remember the little details right? That's how much that very Friday impacted my life.

Ran into the school gate and gave my HT a call. OMG MY HEART NEARLY STOP AS I WAS WAITING OUTSIDE THE STAFF ROOM FOR MR LEE. He came out with a brown envelope, and a big yellow bag. And when he sat down and looked at me, I simply said "Smile if I did bad, frown if I did good". He did both and chuckled. He handed me that piece of paper and it took me around 2 minutes just to take a peep at it. Bismillah and I plucked out the courage to just see those alphabets.

I couldn't even utter a word, and it was just tears streaming down. It's amazing how beautiful it feels like when you see the fruits of your labour. It was awkward crying when Mr Lee was outrightly staring at you but I couldn't help it. Thanked him for everything and waddled my way down to meet my classmates. And that was also when the calls start coming in asking how I did and stuff.

No I didn't do brilliantly well like seven As but I gave my all and it really shows. Alhamdulillah for that. I can also see how happy my parents were for me and that is the best feeling you can ever get in this whole entire world.

I'm quite sure those who embarked on the Alevels journey can understand this - how much the whole entire process has been so much of a rollercoaster ride; from where you first started out, you struggle likka little pup in a swimming pool, and as you go by, you get the hang of it and finally when it's all over and done with, you want to go through all of it again (well except that last lap which requires you to "sprint" thus you mug-likka-freak-to-the-extent-you-almost-have-no-life-and-is-unable-to-socialise-with-people)

So to the juniors, today you'll be reaping what you sowed! And I hope that it is nothing but the best for you gaiseeee. If you've given your all, please do not regret. If you didn't do as well, please remember God knows what is best for you. I wish you all good luck for later you alligators mehehehehe~