Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Mother. Mom. Ibu. Mak. Mommy. Mama.

The names which we children call the lady who went through so much pain to deliver us into this wonderful world Allah has created. But little did I know this name-calling could actually wreck relationships. I may only be a girl in her teenage years, trying to apprehend whatever is going on around her but I too am smart enough to know what is wrong and what is right. Adults, no matter how old you are, you'll make mistakes too as you're human beings. And even though I'm still young, I don't see the wrong in my attempt to address this issue.

Three things: Feelings were hurt. Forgiveness was given. Forgetting it, would never happen. Amongst the three, forgiveness seems the most decent but it was the hardest to do and we have to acknowledge that. And when feelings were hurt, time may heal but it'll surely leave behind a scar. In trying to just forget what took place is just near impossible after all the chaos and the spreading of the issue from one ear to another and even in a blog post as though it is prime news the public should be aware about.

Karma. What goes around comes around. Imagine being in the shoes of the person who was hurt by your actions. God's greatness. He may take away what you have in just a blink of an eye so don't be too proud. Whatever is in your possession comes from Him in the first place. Respect. No matter how pissed or angry we are, we should always try to respect each other, as human beings. Being rude will only cause the situation to worsen. Patience. Rather than just hitting the roof immediately and not caring about the repurcussion, thinking twice about what we want to do or say would benefit us much now and in the future. Insecurity. Definitely we have one tiny bit of it deep in the corner of our hearts but overcoming it should be in a manner that doesn't cause harm to other people.

The main issue: calling an auntie mama. Personally I don't see the wrong in it (esp when the kids hear her children call her mama). A two year old is in the phase of growing up where they repeat the things they hear (try telling one to say yabadabadooooo and they'll surely repeat after you). Think back and it isn't really a big of an issue. Now that there's this perception that there is an avoiding game going on, see how much damage has been caused? To add on, no one has the right to look down on others cause we're all God's creation. Regardless of your social status, your job, your education level blah blah blah, when it's time return to the Creator, you'll be buried in graves of the same measurements and be asked by the angels the same five questions.

In every single thing there is this line we can't cross. This is where I guess God is testing us. So what if the bitch has bite or the eagle mom is still hovering or Big Momma is in the building? So what if there is a relentless fight from you or you're breathing fire? The thing is no one is playing this game you're playing. Prolly the idea of family differs but the one I have is as simple as having as much love around me as possible. Because with family, I feel alive. Not the other way round.