Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My home, where I belong





Happy 46th birthday to my one and only little red dot. Every national day, I never fail to feel patriotic. Singing songs like Home, Where I belong, and this year's In a heartbeat really makes me talk to myself saying things like hey-yknow-what-deep-inside-this-is-what-I-sincerely-feel-and-I-am-happy-and-thankful-to-be-born-here and alhamdulillah. Its like here is where my loved ones are; family and friends and my two fluffy hamsters. Events which unleashed the Singapore pride makes me feel excited - NDP, National soccer matches, SEA games and even the National day celebration in school.

Speaking of which this year is the last year me and my lovely 09A4 will celebrate National day together. The celebration this year was a little different because we have the men in training to protect the country celebrating national day together with us. Night vision goggles, mobile camera thinggy which looks like a robot vacuum, guns (all sort of'em which are all heavy, oh so heavy), and even the army trucks, were on display in school. We were armed with inflatable clappers just in case we get too excited during the parade! Obviously, we all were. Heh on a more serious note, I feel touched that these young men are working real hard to protect the country. So those doing national service, you're not only doing the country proud, you're also making us Singaporeans feel safer. With that, thank you!

On a totally random note, I'll list down the things making me happy for these special events. National day celebration in school: Inflatable clappers. Many were wearing jerseys. Singing In a heartbeat together with 09A4. Memorable pictures to keep. And finally inflatable clappers (you can see two pictures above where I am holding the inflatable clappers; totally save the energy needed to clap both my hands LOL). NDP 2011 live on teevee: Red lions. President SR Nathan. Marching contingent teeehee. Listening to the firing of the fireworks. Apparently, I was only able to catch the broadcast of the parade till the marching out part only. Whatever it is, Singapore I love you happy birthday.