Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Sianturi wedding affair


The married couple finally held their wedding reception after being solemnized few months back! Yay to Luqman and Sarah (: Anyway pardon how my retarded cousin posed in the photo cause apparently the photographer aka sengot aka Shahirah Sianturi aka me was also making retarded faces while snapping the photo for reasons idk what. But oh well it was a pretty Saturday, and family and relatives and friends came over to give their blessings to the two lovebirds! It was a simple affair and yet I enjoyed the whole family time~


Mr Policeman was there too obviously yay and it's not often that we three meet now that we're all grown up. Everybody keeps asking whose turn it'll be next as we're of the same age and only days apart. And it took everyone by surprise since the youngest among us, born on 3rd November is the one who marries first. Thanks to the youngest one too, me and Mujahid are feeling the pressure. Heh heh it's like an automatic "Oh Ara is now married, Ira, when is your turn?" and I'm like let's skip this question shall we kinda thang. My time will come when it comes and meanwhile let's just sit back everyone! Mehehehehehe I'm all giggly now.


Apart from food, the best part about weddings is definitely the little ones. The twin bubs were there being all qtpatootie and capturing our hearts and there's some random baby I snapped a photo with cause he's too cute and omg if I'm ever excited about getting married, it's the babies part I look forward to because they are such lovable fluff of balls you just want to nomnom their cheeks and give them lots of love so they grow all chubbub and go googoogaga and waddle and giggle and everything.


I absolutely love the bride-and-groom's throne of the day or we call it the 'pelamin'. It's so pastel-y and the flowers are in white which is absolutely gorgeous. And since our cousin's wedding, we decided to play around and snap some photos on the pelamin itself. IT FEELS SO MAGICALLY AND FAIRYTALE-ISH TO BE SITTING THERE HOLDING A BOUQUET AND STUFF omg and yes I'mma pose together with the hubs like the photos you see up there on my own pelamin later lol.


Sarah's relatives and cousins from all over the world were there too and it's so eggciting because they were all yacking in either Bahasa Indonesia or in javanese and it's very cute when they switch to English cause they have an Austrailian accent too omg. The Sianturi family is obviously present (my maternal family too was invited!) and it's so fun having them around so we can just bond and snap some photos as memories. Such family time is definitely treasured! 


Finally, I'm saving the best for the last. Two decades of knowing you, of growing up together, it still seem surreal to me okay baby that you're now someone's wife. Like omg it really hit me on your wedding reception day but anyway that's not my whole point. My point is, I love you so much to be so happy for you that you've opened up this chapter of your life and baby no matter how tough it gets, I hope you're strong enough to face it all and be a good wife. Irregardless of anything I'm still here for you should you need me and yes happy birthday to you too. I pray that you're blessed with happiness and purty cute little bubs mehehehehe I CAN'T WAIT TO BE AN AUNT OKAI. But anyway yes studies come first so go pursue your dreams and flaps your pretty wings and then settle down and be a mum. Okay I'm pressurising you and all but heehee happy birthday again Sarah I love you 5ever *blows you kissies*