Friday, November 30, 2012

And as I go,

"How are you?
Do you think of me from time to time?
In this long night, I close my eyes again
I think of you, I can't sleep, this is how I'm doing
The night is especially longer tonight, this night without you
I'm regretting that day I let you go
Continuously muted and slowly forgotten
That is how you will be one day
Even though I don't want to bring up the past
But I must have really liked you
Continuously remembered and slowly yearned for
As more time elapses
"
Beast - Midnight
In its presence, it is being taken for granted. And in its absence, there'll be regret and yearning.

To put it simply - when you have someone by your side, you take advantage of that person. Couldn't care less. Acting all idiotic. Not putting in any effort. Sailing-to-wherever-the-wind-takes attitude. And when that person is gone, you reflect upon your actions, feel all regretful and want that person back.

Human beings can sometimes be a little muddleheaded. We tend to overlook some things sometimes. Things which in our opinion are rather unimportant, redundant and to put it bluntly, stupid. But have we ever take a second to think if those things are of much significance to the other person?

I just feel like I have to highlight this - Boys, you have to understand how girls like presents, and surprises and pretty pretty things. How they love receiving your good morning and good night texts, words which make them all fluttery, being treated like a princess and definitely sincerity and honesty (no matter how you think the lie you're planning to make can save your butt). Girls, you on the other hand have to understand how boys love their video games, and their favourite sports. We can't expect them to put it aside just so that we can talk to them or whatsoever. Girls also have to understand how boys being boys, they do look at other pretty girls (so long as they don't spell it out, it's okay but if they do then it's war) and they don't like to be controlled as though you're their mum restricting them to do this and that.

Basically it's just about compromises. Think of others before you think of yourself. How does it make you feel if you're being treated the same way.

And it only takes that person to realise that he deserves better for him to walk away. And once the reality of him belonging in a much better place and you not being the person he thinks you are sink in to the more concious half of his brain, that's where it will all end and by then wouldn't it be too late?