Pretty white dress (sprinkled with clear rhinestones and jewels). Pastel decors. Gorgeous make-up. Sparkly nails. Butterflies in tummy. Blessings from the loved ones. A well brought up gentleman, pious and kind. All that combined, it's the perfect start of something new for my oh so lovely cousin, Sarah Chusna Sianturi.
A day before the solemnization ceremony, the Sianturis were gathered at Sarah's place to help out with whatever we could. Yes 24hrs before the thinggy itself, there was still many stuffs to be done and I totally can't comprehend how she's all calm and cool but nevertheless everything was settled quite beautifully (after all the climbing, sewing, folding, tying, sweeping, giggling and eating heeehee). We both were the last to sleep and we were totally aware that we're only gonna have 2 hours of rest.
My aunt rushed into Sarah's room where we were sleeping and she was screaming that it literally got me up thinking there was an emergency or smth. Then, it was only four hours till showtime but I wasn't quite in the right state of mind so I was still all sleepy and everything until I took a bath and realise that there's not much time to spare. The bride was still happily sleeping, enjoying the aircon while I was alr up panicking for idk what reasons and so whatnot (like ikr, it's as though I'm the one getting married heeh).
Make-up, dress-up and the moment has finally came. My aunt said it's time to get Sarah out of her room and be facing her guests and her hubby-to-be. It's frickin weird but I was all nervous for her. When Luqman said these words; "Saya terima nikahnya Sarah Chusna Sianturi Binte Salim...", there was this tinge of happy+sad feelings (okay who am I kidding, it was so overwhelming that I got all teary as though I'm the bride's mum). Happy because the girl I literally grew up with has fulfilled the second half of her deen and has met the happiness blessed by God and by everyone around her. And sad because she's going away together with her husband.
On a more happier note, the lunch reception with few close relatives, friends and family was amazing! Foods were yummy. The dining area was all colourful and purdy! The atmosphere filled with joy. Everyone was smiling and it was basically just lots and lots and lots and lots of happy feelings.
Sarah,
I've known you since like we were born heehee and we grew up together and we share like kabazillion beautiful moments and memories together. Even though we 're like total opposites in majority of things, we have two stuffs in common - our mouths and how kray we can totally be. THAT YOU GOTTA ADMIT. It felt like only yesterday you were playing with your power rangers and me with my Barbie dolls. It felt like as though it was only yesterday we were sitting for major national examinations together with Mujahid. It felt like only yesterday we have our sleepovers and end up taking ridiculous photos which our mums would totally raise their eyebrows for. It felt like only yesterday we were talking about boys and how annoying they are on so many levels. And it felt like only yesterday we go through so much asdfghjkl of growing up. You are now Luqman's wifey and it's the beginning of your happily ever after. I envy you for already meeting the perfect person (and yes now that I've alr met him, I totally know why you said 'I do' to his proposal heehee). May everything turn out well and may Allah bless the both of you with happiness and good health. Yes have a mini Sarah too so by the time it's my turn, she'll be the cute little flower girl mehehehehe. I love you you twat. And you have no idea how much I'm thankful for you. Yay you're now married (:
Love, your retardedly-similar-to-you-and-definitely-lovely cousin

