Friday, March 2, 2012

Utmost gratitude

Everyone in Singapore knows that today is the release of the Alevel exam results. And unfortunately my relief teaching days at ACS(I) just ended too.

The results; not exactly passed with flying colours but it was something I didn't feel regretful for. I gave my all, I slugged myself, and I even thought I was going nuts. So honestly I am happy with what I get. Alhamdulillah for the grades, no matter how the alphabet A shines through the result slips or how ugly the alphabet D is going to make my certificate looks like! Thinking of my grade for GP makes me smile so helplessly. To my most lovely 09A4, no matter what you get, it is what Allah has decided for you and thus its what's best. What matters is the hard work we all put in for the Alevels itself. I love you lafflies like forever. To my family, for everything that you did, I am thankful for it teehee mwah.

Relief teaching at ACS(I) has been much of a wonderful experience. Little did I know two weeks can make me feel as though I'll miss the "good morning madam" greeting by students which pass by me, makes me feel so attached to the students and prolly even miss the ACS spirit. I have five classes in total with a sec 4 class as my form class. My sec two class is made up of six boys in which half are pretty much loud, and the other half just prefer to keep quiet. When I told them I'm going off on Friday, the louder half of the class were like no cikgu don't go cikgu and the other half were showing sad faces. How adorable can these boys get! For the sec threes I have two classes. One is the higher malay class and the other just take the standard malay for the Olevels. The HML class drives me nuts 3/4 of the time whereas the standard malay class simply brought much calmness to my lessons. As you see, God is fair heh. I also have two sec four classes. One in which you can even hear a pin drop on the floor and the other where even when I raise my voice, there was no appropriate response from the boys. Its amazing how they change my perspectives, they open up my mind, they inspire me to do things I once contemplated on and even touched my heart. Boys if you're reading this, thanks for being part of my first step into being a teacher. I can never ever forget the two weeks I spent at ACS.

Life has to go on no matter how much we'd love to just stick around at one spot with the people we're comfortable with. In the morning just now, my secondary school teacher called and asked if I am able to relief the malay olevel class. So I agreed to give it a shot even though I'd really like to stay at ACS and help the boys. A new chapter begins as soon as the old chapter comes to an end.

P.S: Boys if you need help in Malay just find me! (: